Lately I’ve been seeing more and more finger coil out results on naturalistas and I’m loving this style! So of course I spent some time on YouTube to compile a few of the best tutorials for different textures and lengths just in case you decide you love this style as much as I do. Finger coils are perfect for anyone who hasn’t quite mastered the art of twist-outs, flexi-rods or bantu knots (aka the hardest natural hair style on the planet). The best part, to me, is finger coils do not require a ton of products. However, they do require a ton of patience so yeah…you’ve been warned. Enjoy the videos!
1. First up, a finger coil out on a tapered cut by one of my favorite channels My Natural Sistas. This video really breaks down each step with great details. She has 4a/4b type hair.
2. Next, a great tutorial by Girls With Kinks. Perfect for shorter hair as well. I love how much shine her coils have after installing.
3. Up next…here’s a method if you have medium length hair. Regal Fro starts her coils are a little bigger, then she separates gently, which actually gives it more of a straw set look. Love!
4. Here’s a tutorial by ImShineStruck, from the featured photo up top. If your hair is more of a 3a-3b curl type it’s a great guide to watch. You’ll see she’s also coiling bigger sections for her look.
5. This tutorial by ChakaKhanian is great for longer hair. I like her twist and hold technique as well. Also she has a pretty amazing travel blog called Sista Voyage, which is pretty cool.
6. And of course a tutorial list isn’t complete without a little Mahogany Curls! Another great tutorial if you have long natural hair. Again…her shine is amazing!
Have you tried finger coils? What were the results and how long did it take?
Featured Photo: @ShineStruck & Youtube Channel ChakaKhanian